Travel in the U.S.
While in the U.S., please carry the following immigration documents, whichever is applicable to your current immigration status:
- Valid Passport (should be valid for six months into the future)
- Valid or expired visa stamp in your passport
- Form I-94 card arrival/departure card
- Valid J-1 Form DS-2019 or F-1 Student Form I-20
- Valid Form I-797 Receipt Notice or Approval Notice (if in H-1B or O-1 status or if you have changed or extended immigration status in the U.S.)
As a reminder, the documents above are the only documents that show your legal immigration status in the U.S. and should be carried at all times.
If there are any questions about traveling in or outside of the U.S. and the documents required while sponsored by the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, please contact the Sanford-Burnham International Office.